As drones become increasingly prevalent in a variety of industries, from construction and real estate to film and photography, the demand for skilled pilots is on the rise. However, not all drone pilots are created equal, and choosing the right one for your business can be a daunting task. Here are the top five factors to consider when selecting a drone pilot for your company:
- Certifications and licenses: Make sure the pilot you choose is certified and licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This will ensure that they have the necessary knowledge and training to operate drones safely and legally.
- Experience: Look for a pilot with a proven track record of success in your industry. A pilot with experience in construction, for example, will be better equipped to capture the aerial footage you need for progress reports and site inspections.
- Equipment: Ask about the type of drone and camera equipment the pilot uses. Make sure the equipment is high-quality and capable of capturing the type of footage you need for your project.
- Insurance: Make sure the pilot is insured to protect yourself and your business in case of an accident or equipment failure.
- Communication and customer service: Choose a pilot who is responsive, easy to work with, and willing to work with you to achieve your goals.